Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Badly Behaved - Meagan Brandy

Bookworm and Insomniac- Dual Review

Ramblings of a Bookworm..

I am proud to say that 90% of the times that I read a book, by about 25-30% in, I'm able to guess the endings, and I'm usually pretty spot on. Badly Behaved falls into that 10% category that always leaves me baffled, my eyes darting over the words frantically trying to weave together what is going on.

With characters deeper than many I've read before, a plot that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout, and a social class that always leaves me dumbfounded, I am completely in awe of Jameson's story.
"Who really cares to hear what’s on your mind when it’s not of benefit to the one forced to listen? No one, that’s who." - Jameson Filano
I had no idea what I was getting myself into when diving into a book about the lifestyles of the rich and the privileged, but I can wholeheartedly say that I was not disappointed. Once again, Meagan Brandy has hit it out if the park.

Rating:

Book Boyfriend: 10/10 
Flow: 9/10
Plot: 10/10
Overall: 10/10


Ruminations of an Insomniac..

I went into this book, completely unaware of what to expect. And even a quarter of the way through, I found myself questioning "where is she going with this?" But Meagan is an expert weaver of worlds and this book is no exception. I put my trust in her storytelling and was rewarded with an amazing ride.

At first, I wasn't sure of her intent with this story, she said herself that she specifically chose not to trope it so the reader sort of goes in blind. But it holds so many facets that I'm not really sure she could have, even if she wanted to. The dynamics Meagan bridges between Jameson and the rest of the cast are all so vast and beautiful.  As with many of her arcs, hard issues are delicately balanced with witty characters. And each one has their own deep history, as we all do outside of book worlds.

"Like an acrobat on a tightrope, I balance like a pro, never allowing myself to fall over the dreaded 'did you hear about the Filano's daughter' line." - Jameson Filano

Suffice to say, I can deeply recommend this story. It had a lot of unexpected turns and several wide-eyed, what-was-that moments. Even the big "Aha" I had, wasn't the end of the curveballs here. Take a ride with the crew from Badly Behaved. Fair warning though? Bring a hair-tie, convertible hair sucks.

Rating:

Book Boyfriend: 15/10 πŸ˜‰ (I can't explain this, you'll just have to read it)
Flow: 8/10
Plot: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Currently available on Kindle (and Kindle Unlimited).

Synopsis:

I’m a Monet.
A chameleon.

I’m whatever I must be.

And what I must be is a flawless daughter, a skilled socialite, and the perfect prize to the man who signed along the dotted line.

Not that I’m complaining.

I’m all for a contractual agreement, a quick and clean catapult into the next phase of rich girl life. One that takes little thought, less effort, and zero devotion.

It’s exactly what I want.
An impassive life.
A calculated future.

Or, it was until the lights went out, darkness took over, and I learned what it meant to live.

To feel.
To fall.
But everyone knows what thrives in the night burns in the light and flames were among us.

There is no escape.
No turning back.
No ending within my control.

My mother always says our choices determine our consequences.

𝘐 𝘩𝘒𝘡𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦’𝘴 𝘳π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡.

No comments:

Post a Comment