Thursday, February 17, 2022

Say You Swear - Meagan Brandy


Ruminations of an Insomniac..

Yet again, Meagan made me both laugh and cry. My heart was in my throat, more than once when I read Say You Swear. Now, I'd normally launch into details with all the names and heart-eyed imagery. But I think this one needs a different approach. Because I feel like I walked through the first several chapters, a little clueless. And it made the experience of this story so much sweeter. 
“I don’t want to be seen anymore... I want to be loved.” - Ari
The entirety of the book is such a journey for our heroine. Climbing metaphorical mountains and traversing calm seas. She thinks she knows what she wants and life pushes her down the hill. But she's a determined creature. She just needs to build the courage to turn the page. Her man though? *sigh* Hard body, soft soul. He's everything that love is supposed to be. Patient, kind, humble, selfless.

Meagan's writing has a unique ability to tear you to shreds and then sew you back together. She takes special care with both her destruction and her repairs. Say You Swear is no exception. I'd argue that it's her most emotionally driven story yet. And I was SO here for every "noooooo", smile and tear. 

Oh. And Meagan? PLEASE tell me that you're giving brother dearest and the crew of besties books too? I simply cannot live without them. ❤️

Rating:

Book Boyfriend: 11/10
Flow: 9/10
Plot: 10/10 

Overall: 10/10

Currently available on Kindle (and Kindle Unlimited).

Synopsis
For years, I’ve dreamt of what college life could bring and while some things changed, there was always one constant.
It didn’t matter how wild I allowed my imagination to run, it always led me to the same place in the end.

It led me to him.
My future was clear, and he was it.


Until suddenly ... he wasn’t.


Now I’m a shell of who I was, on a path too blurry to follow, and I see no way out.
No way up.


They say first loves last forever.
That’s exactly what I’m afraid of.




No comments:

Post a Comment