Thursday, March 4, 2021

Shattered Legacy - Caitlyn Dare

 

Ruminations of an Insomniac..

I have read a few of Caitlyn's books, to date. And every single one held my attention for a very different reason. Our introduction into the world of the Gravestone Elite followed suit, keeping me completely intoxicated by every detail. Caitlyn handed us a world that felt almost tangible on a silver platter. A world filled with all sorts of unexpected. 

"The need to rebel burns through my veins like acid, as if my soul knows it’s wrong." - Mia Thompson 

Mia Thompson is a heroine I had a hard time connecting with. Not because of her foundation but because she felt fickle in the beginning. She is strong, smart and determined. But she's also so conflicted that it almost gave her rubber legs. Torn between her destined world and the one she actually wants, the girl has so much going on. I don't quite fully understand her yet, but I am dying to learn more about her as her story unfolds. As for her counterpart? It was again unexpected, but I am so here for it! Bexley fills out the story like I don't think any other could quite accomplish. With every page, he grows in some way or another.

By the end of this book, Bexley is larger than life and Mia is frantically seeking the connection that only he can give her. I lost track of the number of times I gasped or whispered "nooooooo" while reading Shattered Legacy. And I was straight up panicking at 95% when I realized this was going to have a cliffhanger. But thankfully, more of the story is coming very soon! When I tell you that I'm counting down the days until Tarnished Crown?? Is it April yet?

Rating:

Book Boyfriend: 9/10
Flow: 10/10
Plot: 9/10 

Overall: 9/10


Currently available on Kindle (and Kindle Unlimited).

Synopsis

Mia Thompson wants only one thing: to survive Gravestone University, graduate, and get far far away from her hometown and its archaic traditions.

But she’s about to become a pawn in a game she doesn’t understand.

Bexley Danforth wants only one thing: to keep his head down, survive four years at college, and get far far away from his past and the mistakes that haunt him.

But he’s about to become an initiate in a test he might not survive.

One fateful night entwined their lives on a path neither of them saw coming... and now she can’t forget about the guy who made her feel worthy, and he can’t forget about the girl who can never be his.

But the things about rules?

They’re made to be broken.


Shattered Lies is the first book in the Gravestone Elite trilogy. It contains mature content that some readers may find disturbing. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment